Précédent   Forums CustomXP > Interface > Skins & Themes
Skins & Themes
Msstyle, Boot screen Logon screen & skins divers... ce forum est dedie a tous ces aspects de la customization

Réponse
Vieux 23/05/2009, 18h46
Question How can I make TrueTransparency skins ?
ttfan
-
Basic
ttfan est déconnecté
Hi,

my kindest greetings to Lefreut, skinners, and to all users !

Unfortunately I do not know French well enough to write in it, I'm sorry for that, yet I would like to ask for your help. I want to create a TrueTransparency skin of my own, but I don't know how. Can anyone explain or show link where I can learn to make TrueTransparency skins ?

Thank you.

Réponse avec citation Haut de page
Vieux 23/05/2009, 22h55
Krogher
-
Basic
Krogher est déconnecté
Hi

You can create skin easly with TrueTansparency.
Open a folder of skin you already have.
[Edit] This folder is in Program Files/TrueTransparency/Skin [/Edit]
Copy the folder and edit the name (name of your skin).
Then you have two folder: one for the window minimized and one ofr the maximized.
Use yours images and use the name who correspond to the item you want . You can modify the resolution too.
Then, edit skin.ini with notepad. it's easy, just modify the name or the font, the size, and the position of the 3 buttons.
3states mean 3 look for the button (normal, hover, clic).
The other things it's simple.
Then test, and ajust the position of yours buttons.
If my english is crappy or if you doesn't understand, ask help again here.
Enjoy

Vieux 23/05/2009, 23h36
ttfan
-
Basic
ttfan est déconnecté
Thanks a lot Krogher !

I already did some of those things, but I don't really know how to make my own images - you know those "top" "bottom" "bottom-right" etc. I've tried copying fragments of my vista (I use XP and Vista) and then giving them the appropriate names (top, bottom), but my skin really comes out messed up.

If step-by-step, let's assume I ain't got no skin at all, what order should I follow, this one:

1. Copy fragments ofmy vista window, and save them with the right names to max/min folders

2. Open skin.ini and adjust all those values that describe positioning of the graphic pieces. Until I get the skin look right.

Right ?

Vieux 24/05/2009, 00h01
Lefreut
-
Team CustomXP.net
Lefreut est déconnecté
Do not try to create the whole skin in one time. TrueTransparency can load skins even if some images are missing.

The minimal set of images are :
Code:
top top-left top-right
left right
bottom bottom -left bottom -right
Then you can add one button images at a time (using the appropriate section in the ini file to set the right position).

Vieux 24/05/2009, 12h36
Smile
ttfan
-
Basic
ttfan est déconnecté
Great, very nice to meet you, Lefreut! Thank you for the great software which is getting better all the time! One big advantage of TT is that one can use it with msstyles some of which are definitely better than WB skins. Exclusion manager is very helpful too. Thank you so much !

Ok, I have no problem modifying TT skins - changing skin fonts, caption buttons loction, border size, etc. What I would like to do is to snapshot my Vista Aero window (border, left, right, bottom) and to make a TT skin of it. I can sure use other skins as a guide to write options, but again, when I make a screenshot of a window and cut out those essentials (top top-left top-right left right bottom bottom -left bottom -right) and put them to normal\maximized folders, my skin doesn't come out right even close to what it should be ?!
So, I haven't figured out how to make the right sizing of top\left\right.png elements. I don't know how to set transparency level either.

Ok, I should show my work here, a little later today I think.

Edit:

I'm trying to cut out the needed window pieces and then use them for my skin. Is this the right way to make a TT skin ?

My questions:

1. What should be the .png sizes for:

bottom
bottom-left
bottom-right
left
right
top-left
top-right

2. Shadows are a part of those .png's above, right ?

3. How do I set transparency level for my skin ?

4. There is a minor problem with the Border Size parameter. If I set the top border size 0 or more, then I can't drag the window by its top border because the window gets resized instead, but not dragged. If I set the top border size -1, it is Ok, I can drag the window by its top border but I can't resize the window at the top. Is there something about it to know to get it right ?
Dernière modification par ttfan ; 24/05/2009 à 13h38.

Réponse
Utilisateurs regardant la discussion actuelle : 1 (0 membre(s) et 1 invité(s))

Outils de la discussion Rechercher
Rechercher:

Recherche avancée
Modes d'affichage

Navigation rapide
Règles de messages