Discussion: How can I make TrueTransparency skins ?
Afficher un message
Vieux 24/05/2009, 11h36
Smile
ttfan
-
Basic
ttfan est déconnecté
Great, very nice to meet you, Lefreut! Thank you for the great software which is getting better all the time! One big advantage of TT is that one can use it with msstyles some of which are definitely better than WB skins. Exclusion manager is very helpful too. Thank you so much !

Ok, I have no problem modifying TT skins - changing skin fonts, caption buttons loction, border size, etc. What I would like to do is to snapshot my Vista Aero window (border, left, right, bottom) and to make a TT skin of it. I can sure use other skins as a guide to write options, but again, when I make a screenshot of a window and cut out those essentials (top top-left top-right left right bottom bottom -left bottom -right) and put them to normal\maximized folders, my skin doesn't come out right even close to what it should be ?!
So, I haven't figured out how to make the right sizing of top\left\right.png elements. I don't know how to set transparency level either.

Ok, I should show my work here, a little later today I think.

Edit:

I'm trying to cut out the needed window pieces and then use them for my skin. Is this the right way to make a TT skin ?

My questions:

1. What should be the .png sizes for:

bottom
bottom-left
bottom-right
left
right
top-left
top-right

2. Shadows are a part of those .png's above, right ?

3. How do I set transparency level for my skin ?

4. There is a minor problem with the Border Size parameter. If I set the top border size 0 or more, then I can't drag the window by its top border because the window gets resized instead, but not dragged. If I set the top border size -1, it is Ok, I can drag the window by its top border but I can't resize the window at the top. Is there something about it to know to get it right ?
Dernière modification par ttfan ; 24/05/2009 à 12h38.

Réponse avec citation Haut de page