Discussion: TrueTransparency v1.2
Afficher un message
Vieux 30/08/2009, 07h02
Exclamation Let's give it a try once more.
Dizkodude
-
Basic
Dizkodude est déconnecté
Hi,

First of all: it's very difficult for me to follow all threads in French and also the description of softwares overhere. As my native language is DUTCH, I also can manage myself in English, but I am no polyglot, so I was very amazed to enter a French site when visiting the link included in the licence.txt of my previous version of True Transparency.

So pardon me in advance: my replies are and will always be in English because otherwise I even wouldn't know what and how to answer (my French knowledge is too limited, I would make a big fool of myself.)

However, I'm using a dual boot, XP Professional SP2 Dutch and XP Professional SP3 English, .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and even vistamized the whole stuff, but all previous versions of True Tranparency were very unstable and caused an exception error followed by a crash of explorer.exe, even sudden reboots (instead of blue screens, which I have switched off).
Let's hope this brandnew version does what it says and won't crash again, or otherwise I guess it's just an utopia expecting to run a stable XP system while using third-party apps like this one, ViStart, ViGlance, Winflip, many poor quality sidebars and lots of other utilities (even the paid Stardock software! Windowblinds is a real disaster), unless you're a masochistic freak who loves to see your system crashing until only a format is the final solution at the end...

The only thing that works well for me are just changing the bootscreen, logon, icons, fonts and msstyle (third-party msstyles after applying UXPatcher work most of the time very well - fortunately - , so I can run a Vista a-like msstyle or even one including a Windows 7 superbar and expand it with a Styler Toolbar (Styler TB is freeware, very handy and one of the rare stable utilities).

There are many tutorials online where you can read in detail how to customize things manually using Resource Hacker, replacing some system files etc, but if you don't know what you're exactly doing, then please keep your hands off that dangerous stuff.... unless you're a masochist of course
Just my experience... whenever the neighbour's system crashes he always knows when, how and where to find me to clean up his mess. Despite of all my advice and warnings he still won't listen and thinks he knows better... typical.

As a DJ and ICT-expert myself I do not have much time to reply or opening new interesting threads, but I hope to tell everyone in time what my experiences are with this new version. Because I am a Professional ICT'er and not a usual 'geek', you can consider my advice more reliable than just the ordinary spare time tweakers chitchat: don't alter your XP too much or you will get into trouble. Better 1 or 2 simple patches than a dozen of resident utilities loaded at startup causing resource hogs and unexpected errors. So in that case, don't complain when your system is acting strange. It's not because of malware but simply the result of too many tweaks, a huge startup list or exaggerated customizations.

M.
Miniatures attachées
Cliquez sur l'image pour la voir en taille réelle

Nom : intelinside.jpg
Affichages : 284
Taille : 22,6 Ko
ID : 6952  

Au Réservoir! A la prochaine... too bad this website seems to be French only, or did I missed an option to change the language?

DANGER: New virus detected! Windows 7: Remove? (Y/y)
Réponse avec citation Haut de page